09 Jul Talent Takeaways: 003 Vu Do – Background Check Best Practices & Compliance
In this episode, Vu Do, Vice President of Compliance at PreCheck, Inc., focuses on background check best practices and compliance. Based in Houston, TX, PreCheck Inc. is a nationally accredited employment screening and credentialing firm that serves the healthcare industry.
Vu Do (pronounced Doe) serves as PreCheck’s Vice President of Compliance and has been with the company for 9 years and part of the industry for over. Based in Houston, TX, PreCheck is a nationally accredited employment screening and credentialing firm serving the healthcare industry. Vu focuses on operational implementation of compliance programs as well as client and staff compliance training and education. Vu is responsible for ensuring procedural compliance across products, and overseeing all matters involving the development, implementation, and enforcement of internal compliance programs. Vu is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) and received her Advanced Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) certification from the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). On a routine basis, she works closely with healthcare organizations’ Compliance Officers, legal counsel, and Human Resources executives on escalated compliance issues and to provide client education, consultation, and industry insight. Vu is extremely involved in the background screening industry including the advocacy front and is a frequent presenter at NAPBS, HR and Compliance conferences. An active NAPBS member since 2007, she is the immediate past Co-Chair of the Best Practices Committee and currently serves on the NAPBS Board of Directors.
- Before we jump into best practice points and compliance requirements, what exactly are we referring to when we talk about “Employment Background Checks?”
- That’s a lot of information that gets verified. So should employers handle background checks themselves or should they use a third-party background screening provider?
- Now if an employment screening program is so critical, what is it supposed to cover?
- What are some best practice recommendations for what HR should do to ensure the best and most timely results?
- In your compliance role, what educational message do you focus on when engaging clients?
- It seems background checks have been in the news quite a bit lately. Can you talk about some of the headlines and what they mean to employers and HR departments?
- And lastly, what message would you like to leave our listeners with on this topic of best practice and compliance?
Don't forget to subscribe to the Talent Takeaways podcast series on iTunes!
HRsoft – The Leader in High Impact Talent Management
HRsoft is a cloud-based, High Impact Talent Management™ software company that specializes in improving employee engagement and retention for mid-sized employers. Discover more about HRsoft by clicking the button below!