28 Jun Does Your Performance Software Encourage Effective Leadership Practices?
Oftentimes, performance software is viewed as a tool to encourage superior performance in an organization. While that’s typically the core reason why a company might implement performance management software, it should also encourage effective leadership practices an added by product. When companies approach performance software as a tool to not only develop high performing individual contributors but a strong management team as well, the chances of improving business outcomes increase.
Here’s how the best performance management software can facilitate stronger leadership practices:
- Achieve Consistency: Great leaders know that management isn’t a one-time activity; it’s an ongoing series of practices. According to Director, erratic leadership can confuse employees and cause anxiety. Managers can rely on performance software, which provides real-time updates, year-round goal tracking, and 360 feedback to support an ongoing approach to management.
- Praise Regularly: Managers can inspire their teams by offering praise for consistently strong performance or above-and-beyond achievements. Data provided by performance software tools can help managers provide timely, specific praise for their teams to drive engagement and continued success.
- Communicate Better: Everyone communicates differently, but only strong leaders transcend communication gaps by checking in with employees frequently. By exchanging ongoing feedback, managers can learn to listen to their employees’ needs and become more effective communicators overall, according to NWI Times. With the real-time reporting and alerts provided by performance management software, managers can hold timely, regular discussions about performance, expectations, and more.
- Focus On Succession Planning: Another thing that great leaders do well is develop new leaders to fill their roles. The HRIS World recommends cultivating leadership among your existing talent pool instead of recruiting someone to fill positions as they open up because it’s typically less expensive. Additionally, leadership programs have a positive impact on employee engagement. Managers can use performance management tools such as development plans to ace succession planning.
- Use a Light-Handed Touch: Strong leaders know they can count on their people to complete their tasks and therefore avoid micromanaging, which thwarts creativity and engagement. With the help of performance management tools, leaders can check in on progress without hovering over their employees’ shoulders.
Does your performance management system facilitate the tactics of strong leadership described above? If not, it could be time to rethink your approach. Choosing the right performance software could help your managers become better leaders, and thus boost motivation and engagement within your organization as a whole.
HRsoft is a leading provider of strategic talent management software that improves manager effectiveness and business results. Our full suite of cloud-based HR software solutions includes applicant tracking software, compensation planning software, total rewards software, stay interview software, performance management software, and content management software. To learn more about our Performance Management Software, PERFORMview, click the button below!